HIREKAKU TORAJI’S FILET
In 2002, we introduced filets, one of the finest cuts of meat, where freshness makes or breaks the dish. Our idea was to present them in cubed form, making them easier for customers to handle and to get the most out of.
Cubed filet should be cooked very rare. Make sure the meat does not get charred and simply grill the surface lightly, keeping the interior rare for the most delicious cut.
1. Start by grilling the cut side where the fibers are exposed. Grilling this side first will lock in the juice.
2. Grill the side for about one minute until it is lightly browned.
3. Flip over 180 degrees and grill the reverse side. Again, spend about one minute.
4. Once both sides are cooked, turn the meat on its side to the right and grill for about thirty seconds.
5. Flip it again to the left and grill it for about thirty seconds.
6. Lastly, lightly singe the last side that has not yet touched the grill.
7. Once all sides are grilled, put garlic chips on top, dip in sauce, and enjoy.